Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Big foot in town - swelling and pain

Four years ago, when I pulled the tendon in my right leg, I was in such pain that I could not sleep and also fear of what was happening to my leg. That was when I twisted my ankle and at the same time pulled the tendon, the right calf was swollen and hard.

This time I pulled the tendon in my left leg and I had the Wintergreen oil with me when it happened and pour it over my left calf and also ankle, and managed to drive home.

It was wednesday nite and I could only get appointment to see the person who is good at treating this kind of condition on Friday. In the meantime, I used various oils on my leg and still could sleep well. First thing came to my mind, wintergreen, peppermint, balsam fir, panaway. I also used the orthoease massage oil. The bruise at my ankle started to appear and I used Lavender. The dark patch is there but it isn't that painful even if I pressed on it.

Anyway, my left leg was in a condition that the person could adjust the tendon back and was feeling quite good. On Monday night I aggravated the condition when I had to go out to attend to something and I knew it was bad when I could feel the tension and pain when I walked the stairs in a wrong way. My foot became swollen like a hippo or elephant the next day. The tension and swelling against the skin was scary. I searched the raindrop set and used several oils and went to bed Tuesday nite, Wednesday morning, the swelling has come down a lot. My calf and ankle feels softer again. I continued to use PanAway, deep relief, Basil and at times Balsam Fir and Lavender.

Naturally, this type of injury takes time for full recovery. I also realized, when you have difficulty walking and the improper leaning of the body will eventually cause pain to your knee. It is important to release the tension underneath the thigh also.





No comments:

Post a Comment